Monday, September 24, 2018

You're one in a Million

This card is an anniversary card for that wonderful man I married 24 years ago! It's hard to believe it's been that long!

For this card I used masking techniques.   

I started out with a penguin stamp, (he LOVES penguins)  and immediately stamped two images onto masking paper, then fussy cut them out.   I use post-it-notes for the masking paper.  I found some with almost full adhesive on the back.  It seems to hold up the best for multiple applications.  

Starting on the bottom row,  I stamped my penguins.  On the second row is when I needed the masks.  I would place both masks, and stamp the penguin between the masks.  I repeated this all the way up.  

I colored these little cuties with alcohol markers.  The tummies were done with ink daubers.  I did one a different color to make him stand out, then I added a bow tie and hat to make him stand out even more.   The eyes are darkened with glossy accents.

After coloring all the penguins, I fussy cut the top of the page,  and the bottom of the page,  and mounted that to fun foam.  I  added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of pattern paper to a card base,  then mounted the penguin panel to that.  

The sentiment is computer generated and popped up with fun foam.




Onto the inside...


The inside has pattern paper added to the base card, and the the Katherine Label Pop-up (by Karen Burniston) was used.  I added two penguins, one is popped up, one is adhered directly to the card.  A few hearts, and an area to sign the card.  

The sentiment on the label is also computer generated.  I mounted that onto some card stock that matched the front paper. 

This was a fun card to make!  Come on!  Penguins!  Who doesn't like penguins?! 

Materials used:

Karen Burnistons' # 1011 Katherine Label Pop-up 
Karen Burniston Props 1
Simon Says Stamp Wild Cuddly Critters

No comments:

Post a Comment