Thursday, August 9, 2018

Sometimes you just want something a little simple....

I am on a mission to use each of the Pop-up die sets that I currently own.  This is my challenge to myself.  Now, granted that isn't all of them,  quite frankly, it's not even close.  But the ones I chose to get were basically ones that were pretty generic. 

Now, don't confuse generic with plain.  These dies pack a punch!  There are many different looks that can be achieved with a generic pop-up die set.  

This time I went for simple.  I  used primarily Karen Burniston dies.  Two current ones (Katherine Label Pop-up & Spinner Square Pop-up ), and one that was  retired (Whiskers the Cat).  The only other die I used was an oval. 

   



I started with a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card base.  The paper was a black and white print that I added some color to using colored pencils, and I inked a border around it using a black marker.  The speech bubble was from the Spinner Square Pop-up set, and then there's Whiskers the Cat!  She's so cute!  




On the inside, more generic black & white paper.  I used various labels from the Katherine Label Pop-up as well as the mechanism.  The flowers & leaves I fussy cut from leftover paper from the front of the card.  The Mouse was from Whiskers the Cat die set.  The texts were computer generated, except for the happy birthday.  That was from an Art Impressions stamp set called "Chocolate therapy."    

Over-all I am pleased with this card.  It was simple to make, but the color pallet gives it some punch!

Just goes to show you.....simple can still be nice!

ttfn: Karen

  









1 comment:

  1. Love your card. I need to challenge myself to use all my dies too. Karen's dies are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete