Monday, October 8, 2018

Halloween Birthday Card


I have been off grid for a long time, and I've truly missed it!  I went on a small vacation, and with the beforehand prep, the vacation itself, and the clean-up afterwards, it's been almost a month since I made a card!  I was jonesing at the two week mark!  I had received a ton of dies from Karen Burnistons' new release, and I still haven't had a chance to play with them! Most are still in their packaging, unopened!  So Sad!!!!!I hope to rectify that soon!  

Thank you all for your patience with me being gone so long. 


I have several friends/family with birthdays in October.  What better than a Halloween themed birthday card?!  I used several die sets for this card, some for the mechanism, some for the design elements.  The main one is the twist panel pop-up by Karen Burniston.  



For the card I used a 5 1/2  x 11" piece of card stock scored at 5 1/2".   To this I glued a piece of pattern paper cut slightly smaller than the base card.  

I made a panel 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and did a inked background similar to the ones described below for the inside panels.  I added a tree made from brown card stock, and embossed it with a wood grain embossing folder, then I inked the edges with brown distress inks.

I matted this piece with black card stock cut slightly bigger than the panel and added it to the base card.  

I added the moon, the bat, the fence, and the grave site.

I did lot of inked back grounds on this card.  The picture below shows how I started with picked raspberry in the center of the panel, followed by wilted violet around the edges, and blended slightly with the picked raspberry.  I then used black soot to darken the panels.  Keeping  mostly to the edges, but also blending slightly towards the middle.  I made four of these for the panels, and one for the background for the front panel.  






I cut out a hill in green card stock, and darkened the edges with black soot. I cut two portions from the hill from the same die I used for the panels so that they would fit around the bottom and sides.  



For the other two panels, I cut out two fence sections from the House and Fence pop-up set. I glued it to the panel, and trimmed the edges.  




I then glued theses sections to the twist base.  I added spiders, ghosts, "boo", a bat, and a moon.  

For this card, I used the following  Karen Burniston die sets:

Twist panel Pop-up 
Halloween elements
Halloween scene
House & Fence pop-up
Snowman twist pop-up (for the moons)

No comments:

Post a Comment