Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Christmas Humor

I've seen a few cards made with Karen Burniston's Flower Pot Pop-up (#1010), and they were all VERY pretty.  I personally, wanted to do something different with this die set.  I've seen some pretty neat ways to change this set up...

Here's mine...




Rather simple on the outside.  I started with 2 pieces of heavy weight card stock measuring 5" x  5".  I added a  2 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of decorative paper, then bordered it with the chain outline from the Snowman Twist Circle pop-up ( #1012).

Funny thing...The chain starts out as a circle, but I found that if you cut it to open the chain,  you can stretch it lightly, and it'll straighten out.  That piece I glued to the edge of the pattern paper.  

I like the shape of the leftover piece from the chain, so I cut it out in Red, and used the inside piece as a background for my sentiment.  The white part is the smallest circle from that set.  All the sentiments are from Hero Arts (# DC221).  The sentiment medallion is popped up with fun foam. 

The flowers are from the Flower pot set.  Inked, then doubled layered.






I went for Santa legs instead of flowers!  The papers and the sentiment is done the same as on the front of the card.  I just changed the sentiment.  What can I say...I have a twisted sense of humor!  

I used white glitter paper for the snow on the roof (4 3'4" x 6" scored in the middle),  and cut the pop-up mechanism into that.  I didn't want fold-in-fold issues this card, so I glued this to the 2 panels I cut for the front, then added the pattern paper and more chain. 

The chimney is constructed basically like the flower pot with the exception that I trimmed the flaps so they wouldn't over lap at the sides.

I drew a pair of legs and boots out of red card stock, colored the boots black with alcohol markers, added white gel pen laces and cuffs.  I then glittered the cuffs.  

To place the legs, I had originally just cut a slit into the top of the legs and glued it to the cross members in the chimney, but I could see the slit, and it looked bare.  

I then cut the front two cross members out  of the pot, and added part of a cotton makeup circle....yeah, I know...we crafters will used the weirdest stuff sometimes!  I figured it looked fluffy, and it would fold easily.  It did, and it does.    

The flaps are covered with glitter paper, and the chimney parts are red card stock sent thru an embossing folder, then inked with white to give it a distressed look.  

It's a tiny bit bulky, but with a little extra care, it could still be sent through the mail. 

Happy Crafting!

ttfn: Karen






2 comments: