Friday, August 24, 2018

Thinking of You


After this card was done, it almost seemed like I was on a mission to use as many Karen Burniston Dies as possible!  That was not the case, although I did use four of them.  I will list all of them at the end.  




This card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

On the front, I made the Terra-cotta pots, leaves and flowers by water coloring distress oxide inks onto paper, then cutting them out.  The flower centers are made with Neon Puffy Paints.  When they were dry,  I inked dots on them with a fine line sharpie.  The Sentiment is from a generic set, white heat embossed, then mounted to fun foam for dimension.  A small stripe of card stock at the bottom.  



Basically, I installed the platform, then turned the card so that the platform was on the back wall instead of the floor. 
   
The background is made with a brick embossing folder from Paper Studio, then inked lightly with Faded Jeans distress oxide ink.  I cut around it to fit around the floating floor.  (In this case, the floating wall!)  On the surface of the floating floor (wall),  I added two pots with the flowers & leaves.  They were mounted on either side of the middle pop-up.  I was quite surprised to find the they fit perfectly!  

The middle pop-up holds Buster the dog!  I found some scraps from when I was playing around with water colors, and decided to make Buster out of that instead of traditional colors.  

The floor of the card is paper from my stash, along with the napkin from the Coffee Cup Pop-up.  I used the stencil feature to add some dimension to the "rug."  I then cut this to fit around all the pop-ups on the floor.  (Remember, this would normally be the back wall of the card.)

I added a bone for Buster, and a white area that holds the sentiment from Stampendous SSC1223, as well as give an space to sign the card.  

So, in this card I used the following Karen Burniston Dies:

1015 House & Fence pop-up (used for the floating floor)
1010 Flower Pot Pop-up (used for the leaves, flowers & pots)
1040 Coffee Cup Pop-up (used the napkin for a rug)
984 Buster the Dog (retired Die) used for the dog & the bone

I made the flowers, leaves and pots quite a while ago, and don't remember which distress oxide colors I used.  

I hope you enjoyed the card.  I like to try and use these pop-ups in a different manner than they were intended.  I feel that this makes them more versatile.  

Happy Crafting!
ttfn: Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment