Saturday, August 18, 2018

Any card can be a Pop-up!

Ugh!  It's been a while since I've been able to make any cards, let alone post anything!  I've missed it!  

Life threw me one of its little curve balls,  and knocked me out of the saddle!  I am back on the horse (so to speak), trying to get back into the groove.  

I actually sat at my desk for several  days with my version of "writer's block."  That was fun!  NO IT WASN'T!!!

I tell you all this so maybe you can understand why my card is a little more simple than usual.  

Having the fun little case of writer's block, and not winning against it, I decided to take a card that I had made a year ago, and adapt it to become a pop-up card.  Thereby proving that ANY card can have the ability to be a pop up.

Usually, most of the wow factor is on the inside of a pop-up.  This time, I just let the pop-up hold the message, and left areas to actually write something on the inside of the card.  The main focal point is the front of the card this time. 



The front of the card is mostly layering cardstock, and popping things up. The cardstock behind the flamingos is done with distress inks & water (sprayed, then blotted off).  The flamingos are colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  The sentiments and Flamingos are all stamped with black ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The heart is watercolored with distress ink.

 I used fun foam to pop up the large square, and the flamingo.  I especially like using it because it works wonderfully.  You get a solid surface behind whatever you're popping up.  You can use glue or tape runner.  It's relatively inexpensive and it goes thru the mail with less damage to the card when used behind larger images.  Best of all....you can die cut it!



The inside is done by using the Katherine Label (Karen Burniston Pop-up die) and minimal decorations also from that die set.  I kinda like the simplicity for a change.  

Products used:

Katherine Label Pop-up (Karen Burniston #1011)
Stitched squares (don't know which set)
Scalloped Squares (Sizzix #657566A)
Wild Cuddly Critters Stamp set (Simon Says Stamp #101704)
Flamingo stamp  (Sizzix #24380)
Distress oxide ink (Tim Holtz) Worn Lipstick & Candied Apple
Fun Foam

Happy Crafting Guys!

ttfn:Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment