Tuesday, August 14, 2018

My "On Your Road to Recovery" Card





I had a friend who needed a card for her son who was recovering from an accident.  She wanted specific sayings on the card.  This is what I came up with.  




What's better than a road on a "Road to Recovery" card?!  So that was my jumping off point.  I used the Upsy Daisy Pop-up Die  (Karen Burniston) and the frames that are also part of the set.  I inked in some clouds & Grass, and freehand drew some birds.  The road die was "Lawn Fawn-Road Border."  The sentiment is computer generated.

(On the next two pictures, I've blanked out their faces for their privacy).  

Under the pink square is a picture of her and her son, and the other two squares contain part of the message with some hearts, one, in each of the frames, is popped up with dimensionals.   The sentiments in the frames are computer generated.  The one on the grassy area is from "Stampabilities."



The white area is where she can sign the card.  I felt that the road needed to be on the bottom of the card, so I decided to be different and place the signature place on the top.   I needed a little height above the frames, so I added hearts suspended on wires.  High enough to bring interest, low enough that he'll be able to read what she writes.  




She loved it!  Yay

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  

ttfn: Karen

Happy crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment