Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Baby Girl Card

New Baby Girl Pop-up Card


I found out our Granddaughter is scheduled to deliver our first Great-grandchild on Monday! We can't let that event go by without making  a special card! Yeowza!

Lucky for me, my new die set, Karen Burniston #1015 House & Fence Pop-up, came in the mail on the morning that we got the news!  Kismet?! I think so...

I decide to make a welcome card for our new Great-granddaughter Vivian as a twist on the normal...Congrats on your new baby theme.   



I started with a 4 1/2" square base.  Next was a layer of green cardstock.  The white layer was done with a cross stitch background die set.  The label was 2 Katherine labels (Karen Burniston Pop-up die set #1011) inked, stacked, & raised with fun foam.  

The sentiment was an Impression Obsession die # DIE527-J.  I put white dots on the "girl", and used Wink of Stella on the entire sentiment.   The rattle was from the stamp set "Lawn Fawn plus one" as were the baby items on the inside of the card. 




On the inside I inked a background.  Added the Stork, and 2 clouds.  The rest of the clouds I attached to the house. I wanted a 3-D effect.   The cat was another Karen Burniston die, #1024 Cat & Dog.  The house, fence and grass area were all part of the house pop-up set.  

The sentiments on the inside were computer generated.  I added wink of stella to the buggy, the cat's collar, the windows, and the edges of the stork.  





This was a fun pop-up card!  It went together well,  and I think it came out rather cute.  You could use this die set for so many different themes.  I would recommend this die set for anyone!  I hope you give it a try!

Happy crafting!

ttfn: Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment